Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Neglectful Blogger

Hi Birdies! What a week I've had. Between a terrible head cold and a business trip to Saint John, New Brunswick, real life got in the way of blog-life. Luckily, my travel schedule seems to be calming down and the rest of the month will likely be a blur of prepping our house to be put on the market (our new place is ready in April!) and trying to work off the last of those holiday pounds (God bless hot yoga).

But I digress... back to my week. It was my second time visiting the lovely little port city of Saint John, but the first time I actually had time to do a bit of exploring. I stayed at the comfy Hilton Market Square, right on the Harbour, and conveniently connected to the Market building, which houses cute shops and most importantly, a Starbucks.


Inside the Market Square Building

Lucky for me, I actually have an old friend who lives in Saint John. Janelle brought me to the charming Britt's Pub, a cozy spot not far from my hotel where we dined on delish tomato soup, beef tenderloin and grilled veggies. Apparently the home-made apple pie is a must-do but we were way too stuffed! All this to say, I won't be upset if I have to return to this charming little Maritime city any time soon. And next time, I'll save room for the pie.

A view of the uptown streets. Professional quality photo courtesy of my blackberry. ;)

2 comments: