Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Eat Here...Allium for Monday Tapas Night

I've been to Allium Restaurant on Holland Ave for lunch a couple of times, so when a girlfriend suggested we try out their Monday night tapas menu, I (and my belly) were very excited. What better way to spice up a bland Monday then to go out for some delicious small plates and wine? Allium definitely did not disappoint.

We started our meal with a goat cheese and olive oil bread dipper, shrimp lollipops (lovely tempura shrimp on a skewer served with a refreshing salad) and the beet salad. Next it was a trio of beef tenderloin medallions, fries and aioli, and the highlight for me, the fresh mac n' cheese made with parmasean and truffle oil. This was all complimented beautifully by one of the suggested wines from the tapas menu, and Pascale's ice cream in salty caramel for dessert. The best part was (other than the food itself of course), the fact that the tapas plates were perfectly portioned so I didn't leave feeling like a glutton. I could go back to Allium again and again. Lucky for me, the tapas menu is always changing, so I don't think I'll ever get bored.

Unfortunately I was too busy enjoying the food to snap any pics...looks like you'll have to go check it out for yourself!


1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to go there! You're always one step ahead!

    ReplyDelete