Sunday, March 27, 2011

Style Idol of the Week...Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada

This post is dedicated to my girl Brenda... I know she shares my love.

Hello Birdies! This post is somewhat of a nostalgic one...I was channel surfing last night and discovered that one of my fave fashion movies, The Devil Wears Prada, was playing. I happened to tune in just at the scene where Anne Hathaway, as Andy Sachs, decides to take the reins of her job at Runway magazine and make herself over. Cut to the montage of her arriving at work on various days, looking gorgeous and fashionable in an array of outfits, while Madonna's Vogue plays in the background.

Patricia Field, the same costume designer that outfitted Charlotte, Carrie, Miranda and Samantha on SATC was responsible for the outfits in the The Devil Wears Prada, and didn't disappoint (at least not me...some critics were more harsh than I if you read some of the blog entries from when the movie first came out). I was pleasantly surprised last night that although the movie is now about 5 years old, every outfit still seemed as dazzling and tasteful as the first time I saw the movie...

Emily: [shocked by Andrea's new look] How... Are you wearing the Ch...
Andy Sachs: Chanel Boots? Yeah, I am.
Serena: You look good.
[Emily's mad about what Serena said]
Serena: What? She does...
Emily: Oh, shut up, Serena.

 
Emily: When I am not here... Andrea, you are chained to that desk!
Andy Sachs: But what if I have to...
Emily: What? No! Nothing! One time an assistant left the desk. Oh, because she sliced her hand open with a letter opener, and Miranda missed Lagerfeld just before he was about to board a 17 hour flight to Australia. She now works at TV Guide.
"You are in Desperate Need of Chanel"

No comments:

Post a Comment