Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I have become...a tea drinker.

I never thought I would say those words. My love of coffee, espresso, any liquid drawn from those hearty, chocolate-y brown beans remains unparalleled. However, in recent months I noticed the need to cut back. What used to be one or two coffees in the morning became two in the morning...one in the afternoon...sometimes one after work to get through an evening social engagement. As soon as my cup of joe wore off, my energy plummeted and my eyelids grew heavy. I realized it was time for a change...time...to drink tea.

Green tea has emerged as the super hero of the health food world over the past few years. It it touted to do everything from burning fat to preventing cancer, boosting your mood, and slowing aging. That's all well and good, but it tastes like...plants. That why I was so happy to discover David's Tea (a little later than everyone else - stores have been popping up all over town). Their loose leaf, super flavourful tea blends pack a delicious punch, and each one offers something a little different (I can actually feel my liver breathing a sigh of relief when I sip the Detox green tea). I've now expanded my tea repertoire to include yerba mate (an excellent energizer!), white tea, rooibos...I love 'em all... and I would like to think my body will thank me.

Tea time...my work stash. I love Honey Bee for an afternoon energy boost, and Cherry Potion when I'm craving something sweet.

The mug that changed my life. Double walled to keep the tea hot, with a built in tea press, and a filter to catch even the finest tea leaves. $29 at Davids Tea.
Happy Sipping!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I need a mug like that, very cool. I love tea and I try to drink it a lot because I know it has a lot of health benefits. It's good that you're making the change! Although, I still need that first cup of coffee in the AM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan - I'll never give up a cup (or two!) in the morning either!

    ReplyDelete