Friday, January 11, 2013

Red Carpet Faves

Hello Birdies and happy weekend!! Awards season is upon us (or i guess more specifically, upon Hollywood!) and as usual, it seems everyone is more interested in the red carpet fashion than who wins and loses. This past week the People's Choice Awards and Critic's Choice awards provided plenty of online fashion fodder. I have to be honest, not many of the dresses I saw really blew me away - maybe everyone is saving the big guns for the Golden Globes and the Oscars - but I do have a few favourites, and here they are! 

I really enjoyed Emily Blunt's Miu Miu number, especially how she complimented the look with a boxy little clutch and a bright lip.

I'm sure Emma Watson's Peter Pilotto look from the People's Choice Awards will draw mixed reviews - but I thought it was youthful and fun, and I like the mix of fabric, pattern and texture.

I adore Jennifer Lawrence's Prabal Gurung gown that she wore for the Critic's Choice Awards. I am not sure how she'll top this one for Oscar night, but I am looking forward to finding out!

I'm also a huge fan of Jaime King's Jason Wu gown - it's elegant but with an edge.

Olivia Munn's look from Carolina Hererra from the People's Choice Awards is not getting rave reviews - but I like it. The black and white colour combo looks fab on her, and the shape is great. I like that she didn't go a traditional route!
Which dresses were your favourites this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment