Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Perfect Beach Bag



Hello Birdies! Hope you're all enjoying this glorious summer and that it is as sunny where you are as in Ottawa. B and I are off to Maine soon for a quick road trip - lots of shopping, sunning and sipping is planned! The key to any great day trip to the beach is making sure you've got what you need to look good, feel comfy and maybe slip off to a beach side bar for a sunset drink. If I could fill my beach bag with anything, here's what I'd pick...



1. Tory Burch Kipp Tote - the neutral colours go with anything and it easily transitions from shopping to the beach to dinner. toryburch.com
2. Bare Minerals mineral sunscreen - I love the idea of a mineral powder sunscreen - no oozing into your eyes or leaking into your purse, and easy application. sephora.com
3. A good book is a must. I LOVE Jen Lancaster's memoirs, they always make me laugh out lough. Her latest is titled Jeneration X.
4. Set the mood with fun, girly music. I'll be listening to the latest album from Marina and the Diamonds, itunes.
5. I love when I can coax my straight hair into messy, beachy waves. I'm on the lookout for this Beach Hair spray from Charlotte Ronson. Sephora.com
6. Cute sandals by Matt Berenson take you from beach to boardwalk - at shopbop.com
7. Yes to Carrots lip balm keeps your pout protected and offers a great hint of colour.
8. Nothing is better than a cute, bright sundress to throw on at the end of the day and show off your tan. Music Box Dress, madewell.com
9. Slathering on this pink grapefruit from the Body Shop at the end of the day will keep your sun kissed skin supple and does double duty as a perfume.



No comments:

Post a Comment