Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Recap...Toronto, tequila, Brenda & Britney

Hello Birdies! As I write this I am sitting on the train, enjoying the finest rail travel Canada has to offer. Okay, not really. In actual fact the train is 40 minutes delayed and I am in a seat that does not recline. But, I am comforted by the memories of my fab weekend in Toronto with my girl Brenda! The catalyst for the weekend away was our tickets to the Britney Spears / Nicki Minaj concert on Sunday night (no, I am not ashamed to admit my love of Britney...say what you want about her, she still fills a stadium!). Of course, we found plenty of time for other adventures and tried out some great places for food and drinks that I can't wait to share with you! Oh, and the concert was amazing as well.



After a looonnng day of shopping on Bloor Street, B and I unwound with a snack and a nap. To kick things off for our night out, we re-charged with a coffee and then sipped on Skinny Girl Margarita while we got ready. The margaritas were fitting as our first stop for the night was Reposado, a tequila bar on the ever-popular Ossington strip. Kathryn and Anne Marie met up with us and we enjoyed lime and mango margaritas and white wine on the cozy back patio. The tapas, which featured spicy crab cakes, an empanada flight, and chorizo sausage with feta and black olive tapenade, were the perfect compliments to our drinks. After that, it was on to the Drake Hotel to hang out on the buzzing rooftop patio.



Having blown our shopping budgets on Saturday, B and I decided to stroll along the strip of King Street East that is packed with home stores and design studios. With visions of sectionals and light fixtures dancing in our heads, we turned Westward and walked to the Bell Light Box, official home of the Toronto International Film Festival, where you can shop for memorabilia, check out an exhibit, watch a film, or as we opted to do, eat! Canteen is a bright, open space, perfect for grabbing a delish sandwich to go, or recapping a wild Saturday night with your girls. ;)

I heart you T.O! Can't wait to come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment