Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer to Fall Beauty: Au Naturel

While checking out the Fall runway shows is always great wardrobe inspiration, it's also great to see what the upcoming make up trends will be. The look of a bare face, stained lips and under-done eyes was big, with houses like Chloe amping up the look with Twiggy-like lashes. The best part of this look is that if you're rocking an end of summer glow, it's a great way to show it off, and you'll have no worries about make up melting off in the heat!

Here are some of my favourite looks, and my product picks to copy them at home!

Coppery eyes and a natural lip at Balmain

A bold brow anchors this glowy look at Burberry

Gorgeous lashes and dewy skin at Chloe

All-over peach at Dries van Noten

Lightly lined at Giambattista Valli

For a fresh-faced look like those shown above, try a skin tone illuminator like idealist from Estee Lauder

For a perfect blank canvas before foundation, I love a good primer. Smashbox Photo Finish is a great one.


Some time ago, my girl F recommended the Clinique Lashbuilding primer. It's become an every day essential for me to pump up my lashes, and I love using it with Clinique High Impact Mascara.

I am OBSESSED with fake eyelashes, and love to wear them for special occasions. I especially love DUO's dark tinted lash glue (a gift from C a while back). It blends right in with your eyeliner, meaning no worries about globs of white glue ruining your look. Find it at Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart or Murale.

Cargo eyeshadows are affordable, pretty, and highly pigmented so they go on super smoothly. Their eyeshadow pallette in Bermuda, above, is perfect for a warm eye.
Finally, this Tarte Lipsurgence in Peach is ideal for a slightly stained lip.

No comments:

Post a Comment