Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer Beauty...Front and Centre

Among some of the eye catching trends on the Spring / Summer 2011 runways (bright lips, slashes of neon eyeliner, wild nails, etc.) were a couple of more low key looks...namely, clean, glowing skin; any hue of blond hair colour; and the simple and chic centre part. I've always been a little wary of the centre part...my side swept bangs have become like my security blanket. But last week, feeling a little bolder due to my tan from Jamaica, I gave myself a solid blow out and marched into work, naked forehead to the world. Not surprisingly, my subtle change was way more noticeable to me than anyone else. But, my new look made me feel instantly more fashion forward and gave me a little confidence boost. Who doesn't need that on a gloomy Tuesday morning?

Middle Ground




From top: centre parts on the runway at Anna Sui and Balmain
Photos from www.style.com

Beach-y Blonds





A rainbow of blonds at Balmain, D&G, Derek Lam, and Gianfranco Ferre. Photos from www.style.com.

 
Wondering how to achieve the sleek and shiny centre part and keep your blond hair healthy and shiny? Here are some of my tried and true favourite products...

This got2b dazzling shine spray costs literally dollars at Shopper's Drug Mart and smells like candy. I find it works best if I spray it on right before smoothing with a flatiron, or if I spray it on my ends after blow drying and run my fingers through.

Josie Maran's Argan Oil Hair Serum was my saviour while we were in Jamaica. Work it in before blow drying to smooth parched strands.

My hair stylist always uses brushes by the makers Moroccan Oil products. This big round one is ideal for a big-hair blow out, and the colours are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment