Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Eat Here...Domus for Brunch!

This past weekend my friend Tiff and I got together for a long-awaited (and oft-rescheduled) brunch date. She had given me a gift certificate to Domus some time ago and I wanted to share it with her. So on a gloomy Sunday morning we met at Domus in the market, our day instantly brightened by the cheery decor, yummy food, caffeine, and mimosas.

Domus is somewhat of an Ottawa institution - and one of the early adopters of using regional, seasonal ingredients on an evolving menu. The food was incredibly fresh and flavourful, and the service was amazing (our waiter was extremely patient with our delay in ordering due to getting side tracked with catching up). Domus will definitely be part of my brunch rotation from now on.

The beautiful panzanella salad - white beans, pesto, butter croutons, tomato, kalamata olives and fresh Parmesan...what's not to love??

I fell in love with these scones, not to mention the cranberries, vanilla cream, and lemon curd that accompanied them.

Tiff went for the Ploughman's platter - the perfect combo of salty and sweet.
Domus is located at 87 Murray Street in the Byward Market...I recommend reservations for Sunday brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment