Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Absentee Blogger ... volume 2 & Summer Essentials



Hello Birdies! Well I was shocked and horrified when I logged into my blog this morning and realized it's been nearly a MONTH since my last post. I don't know where the time has gone! Actually, that's a lie, I do - travelling to Vancouver for work, packing, moving - all of these necessities have forced my blogging to fall by the wayside a little bit!

Luckily, we are all moved in (pictures to come soon I hope!) and suddenly summer seems to be here. As you can see from the photo above, I'm not the only one who has been enjoying the warm weather.

I thought I'd kick off the season by sharing some of my summer essentials, in no particular order:



I love me a bronzed glow...and have been trying really hard to wean myself off of Saturday afternoons spent basking in the sun. Luckily, L'Oreal Sublime bronze gives great colour. My favourite formulation is this clear gel spray - it dries super quickly and makes for easy application.

When F was home for a visit last month, I spotted her new Nike Free runs and decided I had to copy her and get a pair. (I opted for the pinky-coral colour above, but there are a myriad of other shades available). These babies got my through my 10K run at Ottawa Race Weekend a couple of days ago..and they also travel light, so they are great to stash in my carry-on!

 Ah, summer TV. Weather you're watching the Bachelorette or eagerly awaiting the premiere of Big Brother, it's the time for guilty pleasures (ok, for me, that's all year round but still). I'm currently enjoying a trifecta of one of my favourite foodie shows, Top Chef. The Canadian edition is about to wrap up, Top Chef Masters is starting, and my ipad is loaded with Top Chef Texas (hosted by my girl crush Padma, above).
Finally, I don't have a pair of Flojos yet but I am eagerly trying to hunt some down...if anyone knows a boutique in Ottawa that is selling them please let me know!

What are your summer essentials???

1 comment:

  1. Good tips! My essentials this summer are my Vibram running shoes (aka toe shoes, they're funny looking but they work), Essie's "Mint Candy Apple" nail polish, and Aveda's suncare hair line. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete