Thursday, March 1, 2012

Line I Love...Mary Katrantzou for Topshop

So, if you are a regular reader of this blog, you may know that one of my favourite "new" designers out there is Mary Katrantzou. There is something about her artistic prints that I find so appealing, and the fashion industry's elite seem to agree with me.

I was thrilled to find out that Katrantzou is the latest collaborator with Topshop (but at the same time, disappointed to think that if I can't magically transport myself to the Toronto location for the March 6th launch, I probably won't get my hands on the collection....and then happy again, because I felt my credit card breathe a sigh of relief).

I really love the pieces in the collection - the colours, prints and shapes are true to Katrantzou's aesthetic and if you put the clothing next to her runway line, I'm confident you would not be able to tell the difference. The prices, ranging from $120-$630, are definitely steep for a "fast fashion" collaboration, but for true Katrantzou fans, the pieces will be priceless!




1 comment:

  1. i absolutely love these!!
    xoxo
    Shannon
    luckyno7blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete