Monday, October 4, 2010

A Change is as Good as a Rest

After travelling to Toronto last weekend and a busy week at home, I felt like I barely had time to take a breath before my flight to Calgary on Friday to visit my girlfriend F. Luckily, our mutual love of all things indulgent and luxurious meant a weekend of gossipy girl talks, sweet and salty treats, beer in the middle of sunny afternoons, and of course some shopping...I returned home feeling rested and relaxed.

First stop...Danielle's Consignment

On my last visit to Calgary I discovered a gem of a consignment store in what I initially thought was a nondescript apartment building on the fashionable 17th Ave. Danielle's is chock full of finds from brands like Theory, Michael Kors, Diane Von Furstenburg, Tory Burch, and a host of other designers at dreamily-low prices. My finds this weekend included a brand new DVF silk top and stretchy pencil skirt, and an adorable plaid blouse from the Olsen Twins' line, Elizabeth & James. I know next time I visit, Danielle's will keep me coming back for more.


Salty Deliciousness....

A favourite ritual of F and I is the charcuterie night. We've been known to sit in front of multiple episodes of the Real Housewives while enjoying fine cheeses and wine to compliment our running commentary. F truly outdid herself on this visit...she put together a platter of savoury cheeses, olives, and baguette worthy of a Parisian cafe. We visited Janice Beaton Fine Cheese shop for some tasty pate, prosciutto and sausage.



An array of tempting cheeses at Janice Beaton


The end result... and we ate it all.

My Gift for the Hostess with the Mostest

I bought F these adorable napkin rings from Victoire in Ottawa as a thank you for keeping me well fed and comfy all weekend. We came up with the idea that they would also make adorable tea light holders...one for each dinner party guest. I may have to go back and get some for myself!


Tomorrow ...the Farmer's Market and Calgary Cafes

No comments:

Post a Comment