Thursday, October 6, 2011

Instant Fall Updates for Gals on a Budget: Fashion

Hello Birdies! Well I am finally back after a bit of a hiatus! Hubby and I hopped across the pond for a lovely wedding in England and some touring in London, and after getting back into work-mode and recovering from my jet lag, it's finally time to get back to blogging!

When I wrote this post, I promised to be back with more cheapie fall updates, and today I will brave the world of fashion. Luckily, this fall there are many clear-cut trends out there that you can dabble with on the cheap! For instance...

Jewel Tones

Ever since Gucci's Spring / Summer 2011 collection, which consisted of bold turquoises and deep purples, it seems that the fashion world is embracing colour for all it's worth. Colour blocking, which also became popular last spring, is also a staple look. Luckily there are plenty of pieces available in bold hues that you can work into your wardrobe...


How great is this dress from H&M? It hits the mark with its deep orangey hue, and it can go from the office to post-work drinks. Oh and did I mention it's $14.95???

The Billowy Blouse

I've also been seeing a lot of loose, flowy blouses in silks and other sheer materials. With skinny jeans and pumps, they make a perfect going out to dinner outfit (ie, I could unbutton my pants if I eat too much and no one would be the wiser!)


I tried this one on at Dynamite a couple of weeks ago (29.95!) it's got a nice long fit and would look great with black skinnies!

Go Midi

In my humble opinion, nothing says Autumn 2011 like the mid length skirt. The pencil skirt is still a staple (thankfully!) but if you're looking for something a little different and totally work appropriate, the midi is the way to go. It looks fab with a fitted top tucked in, and a skinny belt, or you can glam it up like the look below. Just remember, if you're on the short side like me, heels are a must with this length!


I adore this one from J. Crew, but if we're going to stick with the budget theme here, the version below from ASOS runs at about 60 dollars Canadian:


Change Your Spots

You can't go wrong with a splash of leopard print this season. It looks fab on ladylike pumps, on a clutch, or, if you're feeling brave, on a blouse. I like these shoes from Aldo:


These babies ring in at $80.00.

Until tomorrow. Stay tuned for a recap of our trip to London!

No comments:

Post a Comment