Saturday, September 3, 2011

Last Weekend of Summer?!


I cannot believe it is already Labour Day weekend. I mean really, where has the summer gone?? It seems like just yesterday I was breaking out my bikinis and summer dresses and praying they still fit. Of course, let's be honest, September is a beautiful month (probably my favourite!) and I am sure we are in for more warm weather to come.

So how are you making the most of this last weekend of summer? My suggestions:

- Make the most of the seasonal fruit that's available...I have been obsessively eating the gorgeous peaches (see above), nectarines, wild blueberries and other fruits that are in season right now. Try this recipe from Martha Stewart for peach-blueberry cobbler.

- Peruse the end of summer sales for transitional pieces to take you from summer to fall...I love this skirt and this dress from Madewell.

- Plan some healthy back to school meals (you can still get in the spirit, even if you aren't going back to school!) with Clean Eating Magazine. I LOVE all of their recipes...they are always super healthy and easy.

- If you're not going back to school...go back figuratively by watching a teen movie guaranteed to bring on the nostalgia...some of my favourites are Clueless, Can't Hardly Wait, and Sixteen Candles.

Jennifer Love Hewitt in Can't Hardly Wait

No comments:

Post a Comment