Monday, December 13, 2010

How to Christmas Shop in Ottawa Without Going Craaazy

Hello Birdies! With less than two weeks to go until Christmas I decided I needed to buckle down this weekend and finish up my shopping. But where to go? The thought of spending hours sweating through my parka, fighting crowds at the Rideau Centre actually makes me break out in hives. I decided to think outside the gift-box and forgo the mall in favour of some stylish, spacious, and borderline luxurious shopping alternatives.

First Stop...Holt Renfrew

The second I walk through the doors of this high end shopping emporium I instantly feel more at ease. The sales people actually want to help you, you aren't tripping over people, and you can treat your friends, family (and yourself) to the higher end brands they may not buy for themselves. I particularly enjoy the mini Tiffany Boutique and the cosmetics counters where I can stock up on beauty staples from Khiels, Bobbi Brown, YSL and Chanel.

Added bonus...you can park underground in the 240 Sparks building and enjoy free parking if you buy anything. Delightful.



Lovely windows at Holts


Next stop... Beauty Booty at Murale

Murale, Shoppers Drug Mart's answer to Sephora, has a location at Bank and Laurier that is perfect to visit on the weekend when it's not flooded with government workers and bankers on their lunch breaks. The bright and white space is filled with brands like Cargo, Benefit, Stila and Nars. The cosmetic savvy sales girls will happily do your make up with any product you are interested in, and they even have a blow dry bar on site if your hair needs a quick pick me up. Christmas shopping where you end the day looking better than when you left the house? Yes please!

Murale's Bank and Laurier location

No comments:

Post a Comment