Sunday, October 24, 2010

Eat Here....The Piggy Market

Tucked away on a blink-and-you'll miss it side street in Westboro is the Piggy Market, a food lover's dream. The owners stock loads of local cheeses, delicious meats, and a small selection of local produce. This is in addition to serving up specialties like freshly made pot pies, soup, even rotisserie chicken. So, on Friday night when I was hostessing a good friend for wine and charcuterie I knew exactly where to go! They guys who run the store were more than hospitable, allowing me to sample to my hearts content as I decided what to buy. The result? Three beautiful cheeses and savoury meats to compliment them. I also served up a beautiful black olive and truffle tapenade that I picked up on my trip to San Francisco - perfect spread on fresh baguette with a bite of cheese. Are you hungry yet?


Delicious, delicious tapenade.

So. Satisfying.

The Piggy Market Store Front

Friday's lunch selections

No comments:

Post a Comment