Monday, December 6, 2010

LBB Turns 2-8.

My birthday fell on this past Saturday. I decided that rather than let the fact that Hubby was out of town and that I am inching closer and closer to the big 3-0 get me down, I would fill the weekend with as much fun as possible. Luckily I have amazing friends who made this easy!

C & K came up from Niagara on the Lake with their pup, Doggie's bestie, Bella. We decided to run the Santa Shuffle on Saturday, a yearly Christmas time event that raises money for families in need during the holidays. Seeing everyone dressed up in holiday gear really brought out my Christmas spirit. Despite my festive mood,I knew I'd need some serious tunes to get me through an early run on a chilly morning. I opted for my usual mix of uplifting girly songs and threw in some Christmas tunes to go with the theme. Here's a snippet of my playlist!

* Rapture - Alicia Keys
* Dog Days are Over - Florence and the Machine
* Last Chance - Nicki Minaj and Natasha Beddingfield
* What's My Name? - Rihanna feat. Drake
* Last Christmas - Glee Cast
* All I Want for Christmas - Mariah Carey (yep, I admit it!)
* Singing in the Rain / Umbrella - Glee Cast
* Super Bass - Nicki Minaj

Of course, what birthday would be complete without some treats? Check out these gorgeous cupcakes that C hand delivered to me! A great post-race reward.


I consider myself very lucky to have amazing and thoughtful girlfriends. I feel like the gifts I got this year really are so me, but at the same time I can see how they would make great presents for any sister or best friend. Here are some of my gifts that I think any little bird would be happy to receive:


Top Row: Sprucewood Handmade Cookie Co. Cheddar Shortbread cookies, adorable owl paperweights, a layout from the book Vintage Handbags.
Middle: Vintage Handbags front cover, the Body Shop Vitamin C capsules and eye cream, a black pearl necklace from Hubby
Bottom: Gift card for Domus (a restaurant I am dying to blog about!), subscription to Elle magazine (can life get any better?), Starbucks gift card.

No comments:

Post a Comment