Sunday, March 31, 2013

Girl's Getaway: Old Montreal

Hello Birdies and Happy Easter! It feels like forever since I have had the chance to blog. It is such a shame when real life gets in the way. However, I am back with some great posts to kick off the spring!

One of the last posts I did back in February was about my essentials for a girl's weekend away. I am happy to report that two of my best gals and I had a fantastic weekend in Old Montreal at the beginning of March, so I thought I would share some of the fab spots we visited. A little inspiration for your next weekend with the girls!


Hotel Place D'armes

Beauty Sleep: We stayed at the Hotel Place D'Armes, steps away from Notre Dame Cathedral and less than a 10 dollar cab ride away from all the shopping downtown Montreal has to offer. For a decent rate we got a spacious room, complete with fireplace and rain shower.  I loved the little perks the hotel had to offer, like a complementary happy hour beverage at their bar, and coffee to start the morning.

Grab a (complementary) pre-dinner cocktail at the Hotel's restaurant and bar


Wine and Dine: Thanks to the recommendations of a good friend, we were spoiled with dining options over the weekend. Friday evening was tuna tartar, scallops, and duck salad at La Grange. Saturday night we had a delicious meal at the beautifully decorated Barroco, where I also discovered my new favourite cocktail, the black tea mule.

Barroco

Beautify: After a hard day of shopping on Saturday, it was time to re-charge at our hotel's spa. I don't think there is anything more luxurious then throwing on a robe in your hotel room and padding one floor down to the spa. Rain Spa offers an array of treatments that also include access to their hammam, a giant, peaceful Turkish-style sauna. 


Brunch: On Sunday we hit up Le Cartet for brunch. Bright and airy with communal style dining tables, it made for the perfect place to fuel up before our trip home. Not to be missed is their boutique where you can pick up gourmet chocolate and other foodie gift items. 

Snapshot of the snack section at Le Cartet

Hope this little post provides some good ideas for your next girl's getaway. Until then, enjoy what is left of this beautiful long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment